Date of Last Revision: 1/15/2016
B. What information of yours we collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive when you login or when you otherwise communicate with us, such as your login information, your name, e-mail address and similar information, we also may collect your Facebook and email login information if you choose to connect your Facebook and email accounts using such credentials to search for friends;
- Information we receive when you add to your travel journal and bucket list, such as your destinations, upcoming travel plans and travel timeline as well as the individual journal entries you create for the destinations;
- Information we receive from your use of our Website, such as the Internet address (IP address) of the computer or device you use to access the Website, the type of browser you use and the times you access our Website; and
C. How your information is used
We use nonpublic personal information we collect about you in order:
- To populate your friends list, add to your footprints and bucket list and share them with your friends and tailor and personalize your use of the Website;
- To associate and display location information based on travel destinations listed in your footprints and bucket lists and eventually to provide you with a link for product fulfillment by our partners;
- To respond to your requests, and contact you regarding your use of the Website or journal or other content which you enter or to contact you regarding Website changes;
- To measure and improve our customer service, and to investigate potential fraud and violations of this Policy or any other agreement we have with you. We may, over time, delete correspondence records with you if permitted by law; and
D. With whom your information may be shared
We share your nonpublic personal information:
- With your friends who use the Website (including information you post in your footprints, bucket list and journal entries);
- With our service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as, hosting our web servers, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These service providers will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any third party;
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion;
- If Footprint (or substantially all of our assets) is acquired, your information would be transferred along with the other business assets as permitted by law. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
E. Your choices regarding the collection, use and distribution of your information
Your Footprint account preferences provides you with the ability to opt-in or opt-out of communications from Footprint. If you choose to receive these types of communications at the time of registration, but later decide you no longer want to receive them, simply log in to your account and edit your account preferences. You have the option of setting your browser to reject cookies. However, doing this will hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on our Website. Footprint allows you to submit comments and feedback through the Website. Any such comments and feedback that is submitted through the Website becomes the property of Footprint. We may use this feedback, such as success stories, for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the Website.
F. Contacting us about your privacy
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Footprint’ privacy commitment, please feel free to email us at [email protected] to contact one of our representatives.
Children are not eligible to register for an account on the Website. We ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us or attempt to register on our Website under any circumstance.
H. Visiting Our Website from Outside the United States